Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dear Karen...

So anyway...

I spent a nearly sleepless night in a hotel in Madison, WI last night, having driven my daughter and her boyfriend there so they could go to a rock concert that apparently just was not available in little municipalities like Chicago. Sometime as I was lying there not sleeping--wondering weird things like how, if Keanu Reeves decided to direct a film, he could get his actors to show emotion--a thought occurred to me that would not let go:

What if I were an advice columnist (or what in England is referred to as an "agony aunt")?

So I thought I'd give it a shot. Using actual "Dear Abby" letters, here is my stab at a "Dear Karen" column. What do you think?

Dear Karen

Dear Karen,

I have a man I never could trust. He cheats on me so much I'm not even sure that this baby I'm carrying is his.          --confused

Dear Confused,

I suspect you're meant for each other.

Dear Karen,

I joined the Navy to see the world, I've seen it. Now how do I get out?  --seasick

Dear Seasick,

Join NASA?

Dear Karen,

What do I do about all of the sex, violence and nudity on my VCR?  --concerned

Dear Concerned,

Convert it to DVD before the tapes go bad.

I think I could do this! what do you think? :-)

No comments: